Wednesday, May 12, 2010

BBC Massage Board

My question:
We know that past participle can be used as adjective, like the following sentence "Where are the broken windows?"

However, here is a sentence deemed as a wrong one by my friend, who is an English speaker. Thus, I would like to ask you why it's incorrect.

Here is the sentence:
"The kissed girl by Mark is Tina."

Answer:
Not all past participles can be used as adjectives.

'Kissed' is one of them.


The answer to my question is satisfying. I also browsed other questions and answers, and found that there is no limit to the number of answers. Every teacher can leave the best answer they think on the board, and it sometimes become a discussion about an English topic. But I am curious that if everyone can be the teachers or there are exclusive and professional teachers for BBC Massage Board. This relates if the answers are reliable.
On the path in learning English, there are a ton of various and miscellaneous questions to not even grammar but vocabulary, usages of language, and culture. What English learners need is a platform to recieve immediate responses. Though whether the speed of this sevice is approving remains uncertain to me, I think it can be an aid in English learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment