Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Reflection on Steve Jobs's Speech



This is not my first time to watch this address; but, in different stages of life, there comes different reflections.

In Jobs' address, there are three main ideas: connecting the dots, love and loss, and death. Each of them touched me deeply and reminded me of some personal experience, especially the connecting the dots one. When we make decisions, we can hardly predict how much it will help or influence our future, because life is full of uncertainties. Since on the end of our life, everything we have experienced would connect and form a complete picture of life, we should know there is always a reason of everything’s existence.

To take my own experience for example, I am taking a Green Energy Technology class in this semester; and then, I happened to have a chance to have an interview for a job in a Solar Technology Company. Although the potential job did not require me have professional knowledge in technology, having taking the class did familiarized me with this industry. The reason why I am taking this class is a mere interest in environmental issues; I did not expect that it would connect to my (potential) job.


On the first post, I claimed that there is a slight chance that I would become a teacher; nevertheless, I have taken some teaching classes so far, and now, begin to believe someday these dots might connect and help me with my career. I have not found what I love yet. To be honest, I am very anxious. Yet, after I heard Jobs’ remark, “Keep going. Don’t settle. It just gets better and better as the years roll on,” I know I should not hesitate but try everything I encounter. It might not be as soon as I wish, but on the path of pursuing love in life, it would be worth.

1 comment:

  1. Has anyone told you that your writing is very good, Eva? Nice reflection.

    ReplyDelete